- Modify common6.h and include under COMMON/NBODY/ the line
& LMNST(NMAX), RDS(NMAX)
This will introduce global arrays in which luminosity and stellar radius of each star are going to be stored during the simulation.
- Modify hrplot.f and include the following lines just above
the last WRITE statements for unit 82:
* Store LUM & RM globally for xnbody LMNST(J1)=LUM LMNST(J2)=LUM2 RDS(J1)=RM RDS(J2)=RM2
and unit 83:
* Store LUM & RM globally for xnbody LMNST(I)=LUM RDS(I)=RM
At the end of hrplot, set the output frequency DTPLOT in Myr (default: 10.0). The end of hrplot.f should look something like this:
* Update plot interval (10 Myr initially) and next output time. IF (TIME.EQ.0.0D0) THEN DTPLOT = 10.0 TPLOT = TPLOT + DTPLOT/TSTAR END IF TPLOT = TPLOT + DTPLOT/TSTAR CALL FLUSH(82) CALL FLUSH(83) * RETURN * END
- Modify viscon.f, in particular the subroutine VISCONPART:
Now temperature (which is a function of luminosity and stellar radius according to the Stefan-Boltzmann law) and luminosity are stored in the attributes ATT4 and ATT5.
- Compile nbody6++ with xnbody/VISIT support.
- In your nbody6++ input file, turn on stellar evolution by setting KZ(12)=1 and KZ(19)=3.
- Start nbody6++ and xnbody and make the 2D plot windows display ATT5 against ATT4.