- Environment Canada opens up to open source, Rafael Ruffolo, LinuxWorld.com.au, 05/11/2007.
- FSOSS Day 2, A Year in the Life of a BSD Guru, Dru, 10/26/2007.
- Bouilloud, L., E. Martin, F. Habets, A. Boone, P. Le Moigne, J. Livet, M. Marchetti, A. Foidart, L. Franchistéguy, S. Morel, J. Noilhan, and P. Pettré, 2009: Road Surface Condition Forecasting in France. J. Appl. Meteor. Climatol., 48, 2513–2527. (download PDF)
Conferences & CongressEdit
- First experience with the application of the model METRo in the Czech Republic, Z. Sokol1, P. Zacharov, P. Sedlák, P. Pešice, J. Hošek, V. Bližňák, Z. Chládová and M. Škuthan
- Upgraded METRo model within the METRoSTAT project, R. Kršmanc, V. Tarjáni, R. Habrovský and A. Šajn Slak.
- Kalman Filter Preprocessing within METRoSTAT Project and Application of the New Method in the Roadcast System, R. Habrovský and V. Tarjáni
- The effect of measured vs. estimated -40 cm subsurface temperatures on METRo forecasts, Samu Karanko, Kati Saarikangas, Foreca Ltd.
- Integrating METRo into a winter maintenance weather forecast system covering Finland, Sweden and Russia, S. Karanko, I. Alanko, M. Manninen
- METRo model mesting at Slovenian road weather stations and suggestions for further improvements, R. Kršmanc, A. Šajn Slak, S. Carman, M. Korošec
- The application of METRO model to the Czech road data – preliminary results, V. Bližnák, J. Hošek, Z. Chládová, P. Pešice, P. Sedlák, Z. Sokol, P. Zacharov
- The Evolution of METRo in a Roadway DSS, S.K. Linden
American Meteorological Society (AMS) Edit
Held in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. January 20th to 24th 2008.
Title: The Use of METRo (Model of the Environment and Temperature of the Roads) in Roadway Operation Decision Support Systems (NCAR)
Conference on free software and public administrations (CLLAP) Edit
Held in Québec city December 9th and 10th 2008. French presentations.
Title: METRo, un logiciel libre créé par le Gouvernement du Canada
Held in St-John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. May 28th to June 1st 2007.
Title: METRo, the Road forecasting model of Environment Canada: an example of free and open software from the government of Canada
Free Sotfware and Open Source Symposium (FSOSS) Edit
Held in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, at the Seneca College. October 25-26th 2007.
Title: METRo: free software provided by the federal government of Canada
Held in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. May 21st to June 3rd 2005.
Title: METRO 2, a new version of the road condition prediction model for general use.
|This page is part of the documentation of the METRo software. Back to the table of content.|